Eight generations ago William Mackey owned approximately 800 acres of land in and around White Township, NJ. Over the years, various family members have subdivided the property unitl it became the 96 acre farm it is today.
The first fruit trees, some of which still stand, were planted by Levi C. Mackey in the early 1900's to add income to his large dairy farm operation. Prior to this, Mackey's farm was primarily field crops, potatoes, pigs and cows.
CURRENT HOURS: Open 7 days. Farmstand & Greenhouse 9am- 5:30pm.
Ice Cream Noon - 9pm
284B County Route 519
Belvidere, NJ 07823
Levi's son, Robert Sr., and his wife Virginia expanded the farm in the 1950's by adding cold storage and a packing house. They also moved the old chicken coop accross the street and used it as a roadside stand in which to sell produce. It was Virginia who started and built up Mackey's very successful strawberry patch.
In 1981 Rober Sr.'s son, Robert Jr. and his wife Beatrice purchased the farm and expanded it even more by moving the farm stand into the packing house, thus creating the first farm store. They were also the first ones to plant additional types of fruit trees; however they did remove the strawberry patch.
In 1998 Robert's son Devlen, and his wife Holly purchased the farm and have expanded it into what you see today. The picture above is of Devlen (current owner) with his great-grandfather. The picture to the left is of Devlen, his wife Holly and their children with a live bear we named peaches and her 4 cubs (she was tranquilized by NJ Fish and Game when this photo was taken).